Friday, 10 July 2015

Grow in height to reach to your stories

Back at Film and Television Institute of India I was writing a screenplay as part of my syllabus assignment work, my mentor Anjum Rajabali told me, "Kirtida, you are too immature at this moment to write this story," I thought, "I am immature? I am IMMATURE to write a certain story?" In my insolence I pursued it for 6 months and then in middle of the term had to stitch on to another story. Today after 7 years to that incident, I know it is going to take me 7 more years to write that story.
What did I learn?
1- I WAS immature,
2- My mentor is a genius- he knew my story is taller than me, I love to write those kinds of stories, but I can't expect them to stoop down, I need to grow to their height if I plan to write them...
Today, I know it is going to take at least 7 more years and 6 more books for me to reach to that story...
This are the moments when I feel heartfelt gratitude for Anjum Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment