Monday, 18 January 2016

Edited Excerpt #IAm16ICanRape: The War Against Rape Culture. Point of View- Shrini

Edited Excerpt #IAm16ICanRape: The War Against Rape Culture.

Point of View- Shrini
“Shrini, is this true?” Harry asks in an urgent tone.
I am sick of answering this question so for her sake I hope that she won’t ask it.
“What is true?”
“Aarush is arrested for a rape?”
“That’s what they say.”
“How exciting!”
What! Did I hear her correct?
“What did you say?”
“I have never been around someone who is accused of…”
“Harry, do you have faintest idea how sick you sound when you say such things?”
“Don’t be a prude,” she sits facing me, “in some weird ways, this whole media circus around us, IS exciting. Is it not?”
I have no energy in me to sit with her, sharing her excitement that my best friend is arrested for rape so I pay for my coffee and leave for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment